Josh Bussiere, Executive Director
- Josh Bussiere, a resident of Chicago, Illinois, was Mary’s husband. He works for Technology Consulting firm, Softchoice Corporation, and currently serves as a Sales Manager. He met Mary met in December of 2008, and the rest is history. It was clear they were meant to be together. Josh wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. because Mary had a tremendous impact on the lives of all of those she touched, especially his. Her incredible love for life, nursing, and children left such an impression on him that along with Mary’s family and friends, he realized there was an incredible opportunity to help so many others in need, just as Mary had. Josh is proud to be part of something as special as this foundation, thrilled with the support that has been shown thus far, and excited at the opportunity that lies ahead to remember Mary and help others in need.
Gina Vickrey, Co-Director of Marketing, Fundraising, and Event Planning
- Gina Vickrey, a resident of Seattle, Washington, is Mary’s sister. Mary was not only her sister but also her best friend. She wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. as a way of keeping her sister’s memory alive and advancing the areas of nursing and pediatric neurology. She looks forward to coming up with innovative and creative ways to support the foundation.
Mary Williams, Co-Director of Marketing, Fundraising, and Event Planning
- Mary Williams, a resident of Chicago, Illinois, is one of Mary’s close friends and sorority sisters from college. She works in Human Resources for Caterpillar in Aurora, Illinois. She became close friends with Mary while living in the Gamma Phi Beta sorority house. Mary wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. because losing Mary was a life-changing experience, and this foundation will honor Mary’s memory. She wants to continue celebrating her life and the memories that she has and to be a part of a foundation that Mary would be proud of.
Eric Vickrey, Communications Director
- Eric Vickrey, a resident of Seattle, Washington, is Mary’s brother-in-law. He works as a physician assistant for CEP America at Swedish-Edmonds Medical Center. Eric first met Mary in 2001, and she later became one of his best friends. He wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. to honor Mary’s commitment to nursing, specifically pediatric neurology. He believes that the nursing scholarship at Bradley University will help future nurses carry on the legacy that Mary left and that the foundation will support the pediatric hospitals and help patients, just as Mary did during her nursing career.
Larry Bonacorsi, Co-Scholarship Coordinator, Liaison for Henry, Illinois
- Larry Bonacorsi, a resident of Henry, Illinois, is Mary’s father. He retired in 2008 after 38 years of teaching junior high and high school mathematics in the Henry-Senachwine Consolidated school district. He wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. to promote Mary’s legacy and to continue her nursing scholarship, the Mary T. Bussiere Memorial Nursing Scholarship, at Bradley University.
Karen Bonacorsi, Co-Scholarship Coordinator, Liaison for Henry, Illinois
- Karen Bonacorsi, a resident of Henry, Illinois, is Mary’s mother. She is a retired business education teacher, having taught her entire 35-year career at Henry-Senachwine Consolidated High School. She wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. to perpetuate Mary’s enthusiasm for life and nursing.
Deborah Bussiere, Liaison for Florida and Rhode Island
- Deborah Bussiere, a resident of Cranston, Rhode Island, and Naples, Florida, is Mary’s mother-in-law. She first met Mary approximately one month after Josh had met her when they went to dinner at Fogo de Chao in Chicago. She knew instantly when she met Mary that she was “the one” for Josh. She wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. because Mary was so passionate about her life: her family and friends, her career in nursing, and her love of working with children.
Ellen McGarry, Organizer for M.A.R.Y. B.’s “Rhode To Nursing Education” Fundraiser
- Ellen McGarry, a resident of Greenville, Rhode Island, is Josh’s aunt and knew Mary well. For the past three years, she has been organizing and planning a fundraiser, M.A.R.Y. B.’s “Rhode To Nursing Education”, in Rhode Island that benefits M.A.R.Y. B. The proceeds from this fundraiser directly benefit Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. M.A.R.Y. B. has partnered with Hasbro Children’s Hospital to create the Mary Bussiere Pediatric Nursing Education Fund. This fund supports the continued education of nurses in various departments at Hasbro.
Maria Jurgens, Liaison for Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Maria Jurgens, a resident of Woodbury, Minnesota (a suburb of Minneapolis – St. Paul), is one of Mary’s former colleagues at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. Like Mary, Maria is also a registered nurse, and she first met Mary in September of 2010 when Mary started working at Gillette. She wishes to be involved in M.A.R.Y. B. because Mary blessed her life as a dear friend and fellow nurse, and she appreciated her jolly personality and wonderful sense of humor. She is honored to be part of Mary’s foundation to honor her life.